A record number of licensees turned out at Leicester Race Course for Everards 8th Annual Licensee race lunch on Friday 10th April.
The event brought together Everards licensees to enjoy an afternoon of celebration with food and drink a plenty, together with the opportunity to see the first flat race of the season at Leicester Race Course.
This year saw record attendance with the Everards team hosting nearly 300 guests from 178 pubs. The event is held to recognise and reward licensees for their hard work and support across the year.
Richard Everard, Chairman, commented, “It’s a pleasure to see so many of our licensees here. We would not be able to succeed without them so it’s a perfect opportunity to say thank you and enjoy a great afternoon out together.”
The day also recognises the top performing licensees who are awarded with a great prize and a ‘Making a Difference’ award. The 12 winning licensees are those who are judged to be delivering a fantastic pub experience and making a difference through creativity, innovation, loyalty and commitment and, of course, offering their customers first class beers! This year it was a difficult task as there were many contenders but the winners are....
- Yolanda Rees – White Lion, Whissendine
- Brian & Sue Crouch - Birch Tree, Coalville
- Zoe Stonely - Queen Victoria Syston
- Paul & Margo Adams - Barleymow Cosgrove
- Will & Lisa White - Hearty Goodfellow, Southwell
- Brian & Hazel Rigby - Stamford Arms, Groby
- William & Patricia Ennis - Hurdler, Stamford
- Alex Astwood, Chris Astwood, David Keatley-Lill, and Martyn Keatley-Lill - Bradgate, Newtown Linford
- Jeremy & Tess Knivett - Whyte Melville Boughton
- Graham Proud - Freetrade Inn
- Carl Finn - Church, Birmingham
- Louise Davies- Rose & Crown Farndon
Each winner received their prize details from Chairman Richard Everard along with Leicester Tigers players Greg Peterson and Tom Bristow. The winning licensees will be going on an all expenses paid three day trip to Iceland this Autumn hosted by Chairman, Richard Everard, Managing Director, Stephen Gould and Operations Director- Tenanted, Simon Godson.
Licensee Graham proud of The Free Trade Inn in Sileby said: “Lisa and I are really pleased to have received this award. The Free Trade Inn is a pub with a great team and brilliant customers all of whom played a part in achieving it. We are really looking forward to going to Iceland with some great people.”